Turn your dreams of starting your own craft business into reality.
“I am now using this book to not only sell my candles and wax melts but also my handmade jewellery!” S Jarvis
“Really useful and inspiring book” J
“Very practical, easy to read and motivating. I’ve already bought a copy for a friend who is trying to start up.” M
Aimed at the UK market by the co-founder of craft retailer MakingYourOwnCandles.co.uk – this book provides practical, detailed advice and a series of milestones to get your craft business off the ground. It also includes extensive case studies from other successful craft businesses.
The book covers:
- What you need to know about how business works
- How to come up with, and test, your product range
- 3 methods for working out the right price and why you should never compete to be the cheapest
- Plain English guidance on dealing with HMRC and other government bodies – including direct links to the resources and forms you need and advice on companies, tax, regulation, accounting and insurance
- Setting up at home – including specific advice on equipment and software
- Online marketplaces, including eBay and Amazon
- Top tips for success at Craft Fairs
- Your website
- How to promote your business and bring in the customers – online and in the real world
- The seven secrets of success.
This Second Edition completely updates all the content in the book including the links to government and other external sites.
This edition includes QR Codes (similar to barcodes) that you can scan with your smartphone or tablet (instructions included) so you can visit the websites and resources mentioned without having to retype the web address.
“Creating a successful craft business is not rocket science but, to do it successfully, there are certain things you must know. This book captures the lessons I’ve learned since starting MakingYourOwnCandles, along with the experiences of other British craft businesses- both long established and recently set up. If you’re looking for the nitty-gritty, this is the book for you.” Kevin Partner